The Gender Research Office takes on various tasks at the University of Vienna.
Events and Teaching Organization
- Organization of academic events, such as conferences and workshops, lecture series, and the Gender Talks (in German or Englisch) in addition to other events in cooperation with institutions at the University of Vienna
- Development and support of research initiatives across the entire spectrum of Gender/Queer Studies and the expansion of Gender & Science Technology Studies
- Organization of master and minor (i.e. complementary study) programs in Gender Studies and coordination of study abroad programs via the Erasmus Program Gender Studies (in cooperation with the Gender Studies program director)
- Participation in international women's and gender studies networks (ATGENDER, KEG) and in the Genderplattform (Organizations for the advancement of women and gender research at universities in Austria, in German)
- Facilitation of exchange between different scientific communities and cultures, specifically among the humanities, cultural and social sciences and natural sciences and technology studies
- Opening up spaces for discussion between scientists, practitioners, groups within and outside the university, and the general public
- Promotion of emerging scholars and assistance in scholarly work by providing opportunities for exchanges with gender specialists from a variety of fields
- Teaching support beyond disciplinary boundaries and assistance in implementing gender studies approaches in curricula across all disciplines
Campus of the University of Vienna
Tuesday 4-6 p.m.
Thursday 12 a.m.-2 p.m.
and by appointment
Office to be closed April 18 - 21, 2017!
E-Mail -> Office:
E-Mail -> Gender Studies